Marc Cameron joined Caterpillar in 2020. Part of the leadership team, Marc is responsible for the Resource Industries Sales, Services and Technology division based in Tucson, Arizona. His responsibilities include:
- Building and deepening external relationships by enhancing service development for our customers while driving a consistent customer experience.
- Overseeing the go-to-market strategy for surface and underground mining by implementing a mine-by-mine focus to address region-specific needs.
- Guiding teams dedicated to addressing customer demand for solutions and services focused on solving customers’ issues.
- Driving industry-led technology, including autonomy and electrification, and dealer/territory aftermarket services strategy.
- Driving internal relationships and teams using the voice of the customer and dealer to enhance the customer experience with our various products and services.
- Developing a growth strategy to meet customer needs amid market changes.
Marc spent 18 years at Rio Tinto, one of Caterpillar’s largest customers, where he held various leadership roles including president and chief operating officer for Diavik Diamond Mines and managing director for Kennecott Utah Copper. In his most recent role, he led the development and execution of the end-of-life strategy for Rio’s North American legacy assets. Prior to joining Rio Tinto, Marc was a civil engineer for Peter Kiewit and Sons, a large construction and engineering organization. Marc, a Canada native, holds a Bachelor of Science degree in engineering from University of New Brunswick. He also holds a Master of Business Administration from the University of Phoenix.
Marc and his wife Charlie have three children: Wyatt, Ryder and Brooks. Together, they love to spend time outdoors, hiking, kayaking and playing hockey.