Addressing critical issues impacting healthcare
SALC works to champion a sustainable, high-quality healthcare system in the region. We also look for opportunities to showcase our healthcare system as an economic driver.
- Champion for expansion of Graduate Medical Education to ensure there are a sufficient number of primary care physicians in our region
- Continually advocate for policies that control healthcare costs while improving transparency and quality
- Supported efforts to design and implement a functional Health Information Exchange for the region and state
- Served Healthcare Council of Southern Arizona in addressing a nursing shortage in the region — 150 new nurses were educated and joined the workforce
- Strong advocate for the expansion of Medicaid in Arizona — helped convince voters to authorize the expansion which triggered billions of federal monies to flow into the state
- Worked in concert with University of Arizona leadership to bring Banner Healthcare into our community
View more milestones and impacts across all our Focus Areas
Advocated to secure new funding for Graduate Medical Education, helping ensure an adequate pipeline of medical professionals for our growing region and state and serving as an economic driver.