Supporting innovation and entrepreneurship to advance the region's economy
The innovation economy focus area pursues the development of high-tech, high-wage jobs for the region. It supports efforts in research, tech transfer, venture capital, and emerging technology, and leads efforts that advance an entrepreneurial culture.
- Build Southern Arizona’s research strengths around bioscience and technology
- Nurture all sources of revenue, including venture capital, to build a critical mass of bioscience and technology companies in Southern Arizona
- Build a talent base, through education and workforce development, that helps create and retain Southern Arizona’s human resources
- Develop and maintain a climate supportive of technology-related companies and their growth in Southern Arizona
- Develop the regional infrastructure to allow and support anticipated growth
View more milestones and impacts across all our Focus Areas
Partnered with Startup Tucson to create a comprehensive Digital Resource Guide for entrepreneurs.
Co-presented a compelling event with more than 500 attendees who learned from experts how automation and AI are reshaping academia and the workforce.