SALC envisions a seamless and efficient P-20 education system that promotes outstanding achievement through high standards, a rigorous curriculum, accountability and community involvement. Only such efforts will ensure that all Southern Arizona children have the opportunity to reach their full potential, and that the region’s workforce needs are met.
- Advocate for key education funding initiatives across the education pipeline that have the highest value proposition for Arizona’s students and educators
- Founded and continue to support Tucson Values Teachers, a standalone nonprofit organization that focuses on recognizing, rewarding and retaining the best K-12 teachers for our region — more information is available at www.tucsonvaluesteachers.org
- Strong proponent for expansion of early childhood education in the region
- Led the Education Business Boardroom, a leadership idea exchange and development effort, for K-12 district superintendents and SALC members
- Participant in statewide education forums and boards
Led a campaign, passed by voters, which allows PCC to provide more funding for programs that directly help students.
Co-presented a compelling event with more than 500 attendees who learned from experts how automation and AI are reshaping academia and the workforce.
SALC was first business organization to publicly back 20-year extension of Prop 301, providing $444 million in new revenues annually for schools.