Tucson Airport Authority
Danette is from San Diego, CA, where her passion for aviation began. Her Dad was a decorated Navy fighter pilot, stationed at NAS Miramar, and later became a commercial airline pilot. This upbringing fueled her interest to pursue an aviation-related career path. Her airport management career began in 1989 and has spanned 30 years, and is still going strong.
- Between 1989 and 2003, she worked at the San Diego County Regional Airport Authority, operator of San Diego International Airport, in a variety of progressively responsible positions, including and not limited to airport noise and community relations, terminal operations, capital development, tenant relations, marketing and air service development.
- Between 2003 and 2006, she was the Director of Jacksonville International Airport for the Jacksonville Aviation Authority, operator of Jacksonville International Airport, Herlong Airport, Cecil Field Airport and Jacksonville Executive Airport at Craig Field. Her role in this capacity was to manage the day-to-day operations and coordinate major capital programs and projects at Jacksonville International Airport.
- Between 2006 and 2011, she worked for the Reno-Tahoe Airport Authority, operator of Reno-Tahoe International Airport and Reno Stead Airport, where she managed large capital programs and economic development, respectively.
- In 2012, she joined the Tucson Airport Authority, operator of Tucson International Airport and Ryan Airfield. She served in multiple roles, including Director of Operations, Senior Director of Operations and Maintenance, Vice President of Operations and Projects/COO, and Vice President of Operations/COO. She presently serves as the President & CEO.
Education | Accreditations | Licenses:
- Bachelor of Business Administration with an emphasis in Aviation Management, 1986
- Master of Arts in Management, 1988
- Master of Public Administration, 2006
- Accredited Airport Executive
- Certified Airport Executive
- Private pilot
- She serves on several airport industry boards and committees.
- DM-50 and 162nd Air Guardians, serving the military community in Tucson
- Tucson Metro Chamber, Tucson Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, Oro Valley Chamber of Commerce, Southern Arizona Leadership Council